Thursday, May 7, 2009

Provisions and Answered Prayers, oh my!

Richey, Blythe and I continue to be amazed at the financial support that has come in toward this mission trip. As time draws near, we are excited, nervous, anxious, amazed, tired, etc. There are a multitude of emotions as we look forward to what God is doing and going to do.

Just to let you know how God is confirming our participation in this mission...

confirmation #1: It has been a prayer of ours (Richey & me) for several years to go on an international mission trip together. Richey has been on many over the past 10 years, but my role has always been one of supporting him. We both have had the desire to serve on the mission field together and have prayed for that opportunity. God has opened that door and answered our long-time prayer through C3's vision to minister to the peoples of Campulung, Romania.

confirmation #2: Richey approached me with the thought of having Blythe join us on the mission trip. My first response was, "na". Primarily, my response was one of financial nature. However, a few days later Blythe mentioned that she "wished" she could go to Romania. When I talked to her and questioned her "wish" she talked about the orphans that she had heard the planning team talking about. I sensed that God had placed a real concern and love for the orphan children on her heart. As we talked with her and began to talk about her going, we learned of a couple that was interested in joining our team and had asked if their 10 year old daughter was too young to go. Blythe is 10 too. I saw God's hand in this as we talked with the other parents and realized that both girls' birthdays are two days apart and they both will turn 11 while we are in Romania. Blythe and Hannah have already started to bond through this and I can't wait to see how this experience will change their lives. Only God knows how he will use them to impact the kids they minister to in Romania and how he will use this trip to impact their own lives, forever!

confirmation #3: Several Monday nights ago, Blythe, Richey and I were praying together over this mission trip and we were specifically praying over the financial requirement for us to go. This was the first time we had prayed together specifically for the financial provisions regarding the trip. The very next day I recieved a call from the Census Bureau and was offered a part-time, temporary assignment. I had taken the the test and applied with the Bureau last December, but had not heard a word from them until this phone call in March. When I realized the assignment would be 10 weeks and end the week we leave for Romania, I added up how much money I would earn and it was just what we needed for one of us to go. Praise God!

confirmation #4: All the face painting supplies I needed for the trip were purchased for me by a wonderful friend and mentor of mine. She contributed toward our trip by providing everything I needed to not only use this medium of ministry in Romania, but also to earn income to put toward the trip. I have already had the priveledge of face painting at our churches "Mission Fest '09" fundraiser and I have been blessed with a couple birthday party bookings. So, if you need a face painter...

confirmation #5: Oh, the financial contributions... I really don't know what to say here, other than, we are humbled by the support we have recieved. For two of us to commit to go, it's a huge stretch, but for three, it's not logical! However, I have learned that God is so much bigger than my logic!! He has blessed us through so many of you! Thank you for you support of us and this mission trip. May God pour out His blessings on you from His ample storehouse!

I could go on... but I will wait for another post to share more with you. It is our prayer that we will be empty vessels, broken and poured out, ready to be used for His glory!

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, this is wonderful! I'm glad you are blogging about your experience and shared your URL with me. This will truly be an experience for Blythe. I look forward to following your journey!

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh shannon! this post brought tears to my eyes and made me smile!

    ReplyDelete