Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Art of Packing!

As I sit staring at six empty suitcases, I am overwhelmed with the thought of packing to travel overseas. Our team is meeting Monday night to distribute and pack supplies in our "already packed" suitcases. I know Tuesday morning I will be glad to be packed up early and ready to go, but at the moment it seems rather daunting to be able to get all our clothes, shoes, personals, etc. tucked neatly into those six empty suitcase by Monday.

However, the task of packing doesn't stop with Monday night... I still have to pack up the three Boyd kiddos that will be staying with their "Boop" while we are gone. That wouldn't be so bad, if Riley (my busy 3 yr. old) wasn't trying to help me by "packing" her every belonging in every bag, purse, & backpack she can get her little hands on. So, I just smile at her and thank her for helping mommy pack then I undo her "packing" after she has gone to bed for the night. So far she hasn't questioned why her packed bags are empty each morning, she just starts her task of packing all over again. Gotta love it!

Please continue to pray for us as we tie up loose ends and make all the final preperations for the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment